I'm a DetermiNation athlete enjoying the process of improvement and learning. I participate as a member of "Team Familia". This blog has bits and pieces and I update as best I can. I use it as a tool for reflection and as a way to share experiences. Thanks for reading!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Max Multisport Coaching


http://www.maxmultisport.com/

So the thing that would keep me from the finish line would be being able to swim the 2.4 in under 2 hours and 20 minutes. I know I'd be able to swim the distance, because there's no way in hell you're gonna drag me out of that water, it's being able to do it in the 2 hours and 20 minutes that worries me.
Renee and Max Multisport was the group I found when I first decided that I wanted to do a triathlon. I had taken a few classes in my early 20s, but it was more like "so this is how you float and put your head in the water- don't get me wrong, all important stuff) But when I decided I wanted to do a sprint triathlon, I knew that I needed help. I was terrified of the water. When I started, the first day of group swim, I couldn't swim the length of the pool. I blamed it on my googles. Now I can swim in the lake without having a panic attack (Racine was my first time being able to finish a race without hanging on to the ropes) They were helpful from the start so I went back to them again for more help. It's that cut off time that.......So I signed up for private swim lessons. So far I've only had one with swim instructor Nick, but it was good. I'll be posting as I learn more. He's already been helpful. I know a lot of it is going to be taking what he teaches me and practicing on my own.
So this is going to be one component in addition to training (not part of the training- kind of the additional to help training go better)

One of my blog options is going to be the cost of everything.... every race, to every training group, to new shoes and bikes..... you all will think I'm crazy, but I do this from keeping me going crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment