I'm a DetermiNation athlete enjoying the process of improvement and learning. I participate as a member of "Team Familia". This blog has bits and pieces and I update as best I can. I use it as a tool for reflection and as a way to share experiences. Thanks for reading!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Apple Cider Century

http://www.buehlerytri.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=211:apple2010&catid=41:club-news&Itemid=58

It's 1/10/2011 and I'm trying to go back and post all of the races or events that I've participated in from volunteering at the Ironman 2010 to lining up at the start line.
Again the purpose is more of a journal/log to see if something goes wrong, how I can improve, and if others want feedback, they can read about different events.

So Daryl texts me that he was going to drive to Michigan for the Apple Cider Century 100 mile bike ride.
It was Sunday, September 26, 2010 in Three Oaks, Michigan. I went to bed thinking about how fun that would be, but too bad, they didn't have bibs. I woke up around 6am, wide awake, bored and with nothing planned that day, so threw my bike in the car, and drove 1.5 hours to Three Oaks in hoping that I could find a bib.

I get there, and luckily there were several for sale. Normal registration was $35, but I think I paid $40.
You basically have the choice of 15, 25, 37, 50, 62, 75, and the full 100 miles. By the time I got up there, Daryl had already been riding a few hours (he was doing the full 100) I decided that I was going to do 50. Start times were still open- I think if you were planning to do the century- you had to get started by a certain time.


It is a recreational, social bicycle tour of the orchards, forests, and wine country in and around Three Oaks, Michigan.VERY pretty- and I was pretty leisurely about it. Also a fairly flat course. All in all, a very fun ride. They even had apple cider at the rest stops :)


Met up with Daryl at the finish and hit up some local orchards before going back to they city.

No comments:

Post a Comment