I'm a DetermiNation athlete enjoying the process of improvement and learning. I participate as a member of "Team Familia". This blog has bits and pieces and I update as best I can. I use it as a tool for reflection and as a way to share experiences. Thanks for reading!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Updating! Highlights from 2013 and 2014


It has been WAY too long since I have updated this blog. Ironman 70.3 St.George in 2013 was my last triathlon. Not that I'm never going to do a triathlon ever again, I just haven't found one that has made me say "Ooo, that sounds fun!" But I haven't quit endurance, I've still been participating. Here are some highlights from the last 2 years!

Tour De Montana- July 2013 just over 400 miles cycling and 15,000+ ft of climbing. A fantastic experience of riding and camping. A must do! http://thecyclinghouse.com/trip/tour-de-montana-original/
This is me with my "Every last Mile Award!"


Veteran's Marathon- Columbia City, Indiana November 9, 2013- Finish Time-4:07:31:11
http://www.veteransmarathon.com/ Teeny tiny marathon- Beautiful town and beautiful course. I bought a training plan from the successful Ryan Bolton. He helped me to PR by over 30min from last marathon!
Total participants in marathon around 202- tent for packet pick up, soup at the finish line out of crock pots, icy end to the day.



Charleston Marathon-January 18, 2014- Charleston, SC- I BROKE 4 HOURS!!! WOO!- 3:57:53
Another destination race with running buddy and champ Tara! Also got to know Lauren and Mike Wong on this trip. Was thrilled to stay steady and strong and break 4 hours on this marathon!!




Galena Duathlon- May 17, 2014- I won an entry into the Galena Triathlon. I told myself I did not want to do triathlon this year, so was not going to do it...until I realized they had a Duathlon... run, bike, run! I signed up and it was SUCH a fun event with lots of CTC love. http://www.galena.org/triathlon-duathlon/




Run the Rut- 50K 13, 2014-- an attempt at a 50K in Big Sky, Montana. http://runtherut.com/ North America's most difficult 50K. I made it to mile 18, but was not fast enough to continue. I did not make the cut off for this check in point. I was forced off the course, but was not upset about it. This course is TOUGH and is NO JOKE. Danny and Kjerstin did not make the cut off either and were also forced off the course. If I can properly train and learn to run on this terrain, then I will be back to attempt this again. An absolutely stunning mountain course.

 




Bourbon Chase- October 10-11, 2014- A 200 mile relay race across the Kentucky Bourbon Trail- 

http://www.bourbonchase.com/- SOOO much fun, beautiful running, lots of bourbon tasting, not a lot of sleeping.




Other fun honorable mentions!

*San Francisco Half Marathon- 2/2/2014- fun trip with Jenn
*Austin Half Marathon 2/16/2014- fun trip with Erin Harvego
*Sunburst Half Marathon- May 31, 2014- CTC fun in South Bend, Indiana
*Hannah's Hundred- October 19, 2014- Fun informal day of cycling to Wisconsin and back!



*Dairyland Dares August 2013, 2014- Special Place in my heart for this cycling event 




No comments:

Post a Comment