I'm a DetermiNation athlete enjoying the process of improvement and learning. I participate as a member of "Team Familia". This blog has bits and pieces and I update as best I can. I use it as a tool for reflection and as a way to share experiences. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rock and Roll 1/2 New Orleans February 13, 2011

This was my first destination race with ACS and it couldn't have come at a better time. Overall feeling stale- at work, with friends, training, etc. It was great to get out of town and visit a city like New Orleans. Going with the ACS DetermiNation crew was even better. It reminded me how much fun I have participating in events. The expo was great, we for sure took our time looking around. Everybody had a very friendly, fun vibe to them. I honestly didn't really train for this run- I've just been following the Ironman schedule with a few added longer runs on the weekend and I ended up PRing at 2:05- I'll take it. The course was flat and race day conditions were perfect- cold am with sun and cool by the time you got moving. ... and best of all sun shining and 60 to enjoy the beer on the grass at the after party.
Thank you ACS DetermiNation for reminding me why I love to participate in these events :) I needed the weekend to step back to remember to laugh and smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment